Monday, April 23, 2012

I had a bad chopped up hair style that was short and I couldn't wait for it to grow back out so

I got extensions. I now look like a model, but sometimes I feel so fake for it. I got them so I could feel good about myself because I'm not a good short haired person. I've always looked better with long loose waves rather than short frizz. I was told they would not damage my hair and that my hair would grow out while wearing them. I would like some pointers to help take care of my hair and grow it out while wearing them or should I waste the $800 I paid and get them taken out and feel depressed and miserable about my hair again but at least I wouldn't be damaging it. Although, when it was short I HAD to wash and style it with a curling iron DAILY and now I can skip a day and I'm not damaging it so bad with heat. Instead, I'm damaging the extension hair that isn't mine when I use heat. HA! Doesn't this count for something?? Anyway, just had to vent and get some opinions. They are the Great lengths extensions and the lady that did them does some high profile folks in my area



I had a bad chopped up hair style that was short and I couldn't wait for it to grow back out so?

hun, african american women walk around daily with "fake hair" and do they look embarrassed or ashamed of it? no..its not a big deal..you got a bad hair cut and now you want to feel better about yourself!! good for you!!! if you got the money than rock on and enjoy it! ask your stylist what to use on the extensions and take care of it!! good luck..and from a hair stylist who does her best..sorry you got a bad haircut



I had a bad chopped up hair style that was short and I couldn't wait for it to grow back out so?

if you say you look like a model than keep them i mean yea they cost 800 but they look good and make you feel better



I had a bad chopped up hair style that was short and I couldn't wait for it to grow back out so?

okay if you feel comfortable in them they should not be a problem at all! If short hair doesn't suit you then this is a perfect alternative until it grows out. I think it was a great idea, and you have a point that you're not damaging you're own hair. As long as you feel gorgeous you'll be fine. They sound amazing lol



I had a bad chopped up hair style that was short and I couldn't wait for it to grow back out so?

i dont know anythingabout extensions. sorry. i tihnk u should just keep them!!! sorry im not much help.



I had a bad chopped up hair style that was short and I couldn't wait for it to grow back out so?

You should never feel "fake" for wearing extentions. Extentions, as well as makeup, are here for empowerment; to enhance your natural beauty while making you feel AND look better. I couldn' t see myself taking them out and wasting 800 bucks, but that's just me. But here are some tips on taking care of them while you have em!



*Whenever you style your hair, be sure to use a heat protectant thermal spray or cream. Your grocery store probably has them right next to the shampoo. The new TLC by Sunsilk is a pretty good line that's cost efficient. Herbal Essence offers some, and my favorite are by Garnier Fructise. Although I cannot remember the exact name if you look on the bottle it will describe the products purpose and exactly how much to use.



*Try to use thermal/ceramic irons when styling hair to avoid over heating or burning your hair. With ceramic irons you get a smooth finish throught your strands rather than the sporadic burning that can occur when using a regular curler/flat iron.



*A great way to avoid heat styling alltogether is "wet set" your hair. After you've washed and conditioned it, apply a leave-in-conditioner and or setting lotion. I use a a wrap mouse by Kera-care. Once you have applied the conditioner/lotion set your hair on rollers (I find that the velcro ones by Goodys work best. But you may find that another type works better for you...u can find them anywhere from walmart/grocery store/sally's beauty supply... to your local swap meet) Sit underneath a hooded dryer for 20-30 minutes. If you do not have a hooded dryer, u should just tie a silk scarf around your hair until morning. When it's time to take the rollers out (depending on the size of the rollers smaller ones make tighter curls, larger ones make looser waves) you should have a head full of bouncy, curly, hair.



*It is very important for women of color to cover their hair at night. Doing so helps to prevent breakage and hair loss. If u do not have a silk scarf, I read that sleeping on a silk pillowcase does the same trick. Or you can go to your local beauty supply and they should have an array of satin bonnets and head ties. I am not quite sure how important it is for caucasion women to sleep with their hair wrapped at night, but it won't hurt (unless you're trying to look cute :)



*Women of color: steer clear of products with alcohol in them. These will dry your hair out and cause brittleness in the long run.



*Try not to weigh your hair down with a lot of messy, goopy, heavy products. Try light refreshing mouses and sprays. John Frieda offers a good line as well Herbal Essence. Herbal Essence also offers a great shampoo called "Degunkify" and conditioner called "Drama Clean". Using these two together will help rid your hair of all the product build up; AND leave it smelling GREAT!



Tigi always has good products, Mizani, John Frieda, Herbal Essence, Frizz Ease, Loreal, Revlon, Vidal sassoon and an array of other products can be found at your local Walmart, CVS, or Walgreens (or any other drug/dept store) I also recomend going back to your hair dresser and asking her what products she recomends....



I read that Greatlengths extentions are very good, so they shouldn't damage your hair. As with all products though, everyone's personal experience is different. Hopefully these tips will help to preserve your extentions and you will grow to understand that there is nothing wrong with enhancing your beauty or changing your look!

No comments:

Post a Comment